Tuesday 23 August 2011

Exactly one year later

I am fully aware that a year has indeed passed since my last post. Which is shocking. But I can assure you will be worth the wait...
Since January, there has been a massive step-up in the Hunt for Darcy, (various rebounds and mistakes, possibly  me going of the rails slightly).

January 
Started seeing an Irish (Northern, Belfast, to be exact) guy. This did not end well and to be brutally honest, as the common saying goes 'He was only after one thing'.

February
Rebounded pretty quickly, to a guy who shall forever be known as Twat. However, it was just a simple 'getting-over-something' rebound. Oh no. Because he also had a girlfriend, but when talking to me pretended as if he was single. Now I knew all about his girlfriend and his many previous failed relationship attempts but for some insane reason, that didn't set the warning sounds off in my head. Twat was also my band leader and I started to flirt with him around 2 years ago in an attempt to climb up to 1st Tenor (didn't work). This rebound seemed to last around (in total) 3-4 months and we only shared a kiss once. It was purely a technology thing, however, it is pretty bad when a guy you're not even properly seeing proposes to you via MSN (THE most unromantic way ever I may add). That did set alarm bells off and I attempted to make a subtle and hasty retreat onto...

March
Okay, so at this time whilst I was having a 'thing' with my band leader, I also got friendly with a guy named Druggie in Bury's only successful nightclub. This started off well (see, continuing the theme) but it turned out he too was only after one thing. He also took drugs (refused to tell me what though) and was Bi and had been involved (not all the way but still involved) with one of his best friends. He ended it in such a lovely manner, by telling me he hadn't been happy at all in the month that we had been together and that I generally annoyed him. How sweet. Needless to say, I was not broken-hearted or even slightly put-out after this. Success? I think so. Mr Darcy? He certainly wasn't.

April 
AS ABOVE ^^^^

May
Now, this is where it gets interesting. 19th May 2011 turns out to be a day that will forever be engraved onto my brain. It is also the day of my very first date. Manchester. Weatherspoons. A walk around the canal and Bridgewater Hall. Beautiful. The guy? Mr Daniel Mitchell, originally of Onchan (IOM) but now residing in Manchester due to bass trombone studies at the RNCM. Dan is also in my band (led by Twat, needless to say, this did not go down well at all).
3 months on from this initial date, we are now very much in love (yes, I know its still the honeymoon phase but have faith with me on this one). He is just simply a truly amazing guy who always knows how to make me smile (if you want to spy more on this one, a post will be published soon in my new blog 'Indecisive'). I can honestly see Dan being a part of my life for some very considerable length of time, and yes, the one that I am going to marry (in a good few years) and settle down with (same rules apply... <<). So, dear reader, I can conclude that I have found my Mr Darcy and he goes under the name of Mr Mitchell. I feel as if I should end my blog on some Pride and Prejudice quote, however at a little before 10am in the morning, I cannot remember the last page. But that is me done for, my hunt for Darcy has ended blissfully and I shall never get my heart broken again.

No comments:

Post a Comment